Skip to main content

You Are Loved



How often do you say I love you?

Every day? Once a week?

Who do you say I love you to?

Your spouse? Your kids? Your friends?

In our world today we love everything. We love those new pair of shoes or that new dress we got on sale.  We even love the food that we eat or a delicious piece of chocolate cake. But do we really love anything. I mean really love. Not just I got a funny feeling in my stomach or I feel really strongly about this but real love?

I often wonder if we even know what love really means.

Love, according to a google search, is an intense feeling of deep affection or(as a verb) feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.

Another definition described it as a devoted affection.

We throw around the word love so easily now, that it has begun to lose its full meaning.

When I see women on Valentine's Day, many women are full of smiles about the gifts they received or anticipating the gifts that are coming. Others are sad and full of depression, feeling unloved, unwanted, and abandoned on this day that our culture celebrates love...something they do not feel they have.

What we are all forgetting is to celebrate that love that beats all others..the sacrificial love of our Almighty Creator! He loves us in such a way that He was willing to send Jesus to the cross for something that we did.  I know some of you moms out there are like me, you wouldn't let your child get punished for something that another child had done, right?  Fortunately for us, God was a bit more gracious than we are!

Not to mention that His love is unconditional! Wow! That is a big one!

Today, people like to had a way out when someone mistreats us. We don't want to love the abusive or cheating spouse, the friend that betrayed us, or the boss that is always such a jerk. They don't deserve our love, right? They have done nothing to earn it and nothing to keep it and EVERYTHING to lose it!

But we are called to love, as Christ loved us, and gave his life for us.

Now this is something I have to work towards...it is just HARD to love some people! It doesn't seem fair to have to love those who don't show love to us.

But today, I challenge you all, to love. Love is not easy, but it is patient, kind, honest, generous, not angry, not envious, not boastful or arrogant. Love pbears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things.

Remember this, even of you are single today, you ARE loved. You are loved by our heavenly Father, who loves deeper than any man can love.

I pray that you all find a peace in knowing that you are loved.

Cheryl


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Pick it Up!

The yoke we bear is so heavy at times. Many times we feel like it will just squash us flat!  I have been  going through this Bible study, Breaking Free by Beth Moore.  As I was reading through the material this week, trying to catch up to where everyone else is, it is revealed to me over and over again! You can feel completely free from past sins and temptations that surround you today! Galatians 5:1 says: "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." I don't know about you, but I can't tell you how many times I have laid a past sin or burden down at the foot of the cross and not a few days later picked it back up again!  Sometimes I think that I can handle it on my own...or maybe just feel so guilty over a sin (one that has been confessed and forgiven) that I don't feel worthy of forgiveness and mercy.  We must remind ourselves that Christ died for those sins and God has

Love

Kristi Neace, Valerie Howe and I are leading a conference called “Unshakeable” at First Baptist Church, Villa Ridge, on October 15. Our featured Scripture passage that day is from Luke 10:27—“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as your love yourself” (TEV). Kristi will be speaking on loving God with all your soul and mind, and Valerie will be speaking on loving God with all your heart and strength. I’ll be speaking on loving your neighbor. Cheryl asked those of you in her blog readership if you had any questions for the three of us regarding these verses. One of you told her to ask me, “How do you love yourself if you never have?” Here’s My Answer I would question the “never have” part of the question. I suspect you love yourself some . You love yourself if you take care of yourself at all. You love yourself enough not to step out in front of a speedy car. You make

With All Your Heart

Our women's conference this spring was titled With All Your Heart and focused on Mark 12:30. "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment." This means that we are to love our God with everything in us! In John 14:15, Jesus tells us "If ye love me, keep my commandments". This is HUGE! This should not be taken lightly by any of us. We are to follow God's law always...not when it benefits us, not to make ourselves look good to others, not when its easy, not when its convenient, not to earn salvation...but simply as a way to show our outpouring love for the Father. "But we are all prone to sin." "Everyone makes mistakes sometimes." "Even so and so and such and such have done those things too, so it can't be that bad, right?" These are lies that we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better when we fall to t